The much awaited Apple smartphone has been revealed across the world. The next-generation smartphone has landed and we can take a glimpse at its impact.
Here is what's new about an iPhone 7 and plus - it's going to be interesting for iPhone lovers
1. Design: As expected the antenna has been redesigned to fit within the enclosure: in this traditional video, Jonathan said the design "essentially makes it disappear". This gives the phone smoother lines and less cluttered design - loss of the 3.5mm headphone jack. Instead of the traditional headphone connection, iPhone packages will now come with earphones that fit into the iPhone's Lightning port, currently used for charging and data transfer.
2. Home button: The home button has been given a vibration-based taptic feedback system so it now vibrates when touched to give users feedback. The feature is already in use on the firm's MacBook laptops.
3. Water resistance: Apple consistently referred to the iPhone 7 as "water-resistant" rather than "waterproof". With an IPX67 rating, that means the hardware can withstand immersion in up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. The iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus are water and dust resistant. It required all new re-engineering. Both phones are IP67-certified.
4. Upgraded camera: The iPhone comes with a superior camera. All new 12-megapixel image sensor + optical image stabilisation + 4-led lens + Flickr sensor + 6-element lens and an Apple-designed image processor. Both models will also have 12-megapixel sensors as well as 4K video recording capability and can zoom 2X in high quality. This can lead the app more accurate and proper for image processing kind of development. This may also needs to change in image storage inside the app or in backend in terms of data storage space.
5. Display: The screen size, resolution, and pixel density are the similarly (4.7 inches, 1334 × 750 pixels and 326 pixels per inch, respectively), there are numerous improvements to the display on the iPhone 7. Apple claims that it's 25 percent brighter than the past era, with a wide colour range and enhanced colour management. So app UI will look good.
6. Audio: Apple has upgraded the phone receiver at the head of the device - the one can listen to when talking - into an appropriate speaker unit with the same power as the one at the bottom of the phone. It means when you're not talking on the phone, can listen to music, with the device in landscape orientation, in stereo. The two speakers are far enough apart to produce a worthwhile stereo effect. According to Apple, it's twice the volume, offers increased dynamic range. It may have API related changes to take advantage in application development related to audio.
Stay tuned for our next article related to iOS API changes.
7. A pair of Lightning EarPods: One of the most debatable decisions to kill the headphone jack, instead transmitting the phone with a pair of Lightning EarPods that connect through the charging port - and wireless Apple AirPods, controlled by a W1 chip. Infrared sensors discover when each pod is in a ear and motion sensors control the headphones to use Siri and identify the voice.
8. Wireless AirPods: Apple's new AirPods are wireless headphones, an entirely separate unit for each ear. They're white, and minimalist, and rather charming. Infrared sensors detect when each pod is in your ear and motion sensors control the headphones to utilize Siri and identify your voice. It is designed to connect to all Apple devices just on one tap. While discussing tapping, need to double-tap on the headphone itself to activate Siri. Apart Apple says, "is good for 5 hours of listening from a single charge".
9. Performance: The model will be powered by a new Apple A10 Fusion which has a 64-bit 4 core CPU and has 3.3 billion transistors. 40% faster than A9 of iPhone 6s and double the speed of the A8 processors. It also has a ramped up graphics performance that is also 40 % more powerful than the A9. Apple claims this is "the most powerful chip ever in a smartphone". Hence app will become much smoother to play even game development can take advantage of this faster performance of chip.
10. Battery life: The models consist of long-lasting battery life ever in an iPhone. An iPhone 7 lasts two hours longer on an average compared to iPhone 6s and an hour longer than iPhone 6s Plus. The battery life of an iPhone 7 serves 14 hours while using WiFi and 12 hours on 4G. The iPhone 7 Plus meanwhile lasts 15 hours on WiFi and 4G too.
So user can take advantage of the apps which continuous fetch/monitor user’s location server better data.
Prices to remain static
Smallest storage size to increase to 32GB for the same cost
256GB model at the top end
The iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus in Piano Black finish will be available only in the 128 and 264GB versions. Let’s see what’s there for iOS iPhone Swift developers in our upcoming blog.
Apple’s WWDC (World Wide Developer’s Conference) was held on June 13-17. Each year, over 5,000 iOS developers from around the world gather to learn more about the new releases in iOS, OS X, watchOS, and tvOS.
Earlier this week, Apple officially kicked off their annual WWDC event in San Francisco. WWDC was like Christmas for Apple developers.
As always, the event began with a keynote during which Apple announced updates for their iOS, OS X, watchOS, and tvOS platforms.
Although we haven’t had time to go through all the docs and samples yet, but we thought it might be useful to post some of our experience of new releases:
Big. Bold. Beautiful
Everything you love is now even better with iOS 10.
Now there is the ability to integrate with Siri.
SiriKit defines six distinct domains that an app can use to make services available to Siri:
If an app falls into one of the above listed domains, we should provide an Intents Extension point within an app. Siri deals with all of the nuances of language processing and semantic analysis, and translates the user’s request into an actionable item that we handle in our Intents Extension.
Want to dig more: Introduction to SiriKit
2. iMessage Apps
In the keynote, Apple demonstrated a ton of cool new features like link/media unfurling, reactions, message bubble effects. With the new Message framework, it creates extensions that let users send text, stickers, media, files and most intriguing: interactive messages.
The simplest type of extension is sticker packs.
The APIs allow to create an entire experience right within the Messages app, even provide a custom user interface!
Want to dig more: API Reference
3. User Notifications
A new User Notifications UI framework has been introduced that allows developers to create rich notifications which was never possible before.
For example, notifications can now have embedded media much like the stock Messages app.
This is achieved through a new extension that is invoked when a notification is received and looks to be extremely powerful.
Want to dig more: User Notification
Apple's war for encryption continued at the 2016 WWDC event in San Francisco. Apple announced that it will require all iOS apps to use HTTPS connections by January 1, 2017. Apple will require all apps to enforce ATS, which will force the connections to HTTPS instead of HTTP.
HTTPS is simply the secure version of HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), the protocol for data communication online.
1. Apple will require all iOS apps using HTTPS connections before 2017, increasing security and privacy for mobile users.
2. The requirement comes through an enabling of ATS (App Transport Security), an iOS 9 feature that is currently not mandatory.
3. Apple is forcing the use of ATS/HTTPS marks a definitive shift in the company's battle for encryption, and could win an audience with the privacy-conscious
The important announcement of this year's WWDC keynote was, without a doubt, the introduction of Swift 3.
The change from this year will have the biggest impact on developers due to the release of Swift 3 in late 2016, since it will require us to all make some major changes to our Swift code.
Swift 3 is conveniently packaged with Xcode 8, side-by-side with Swift 2.3. One of the biggest changes coming with Swift 3 is that, Swift 3 version is much more concise, and makes use of an enum to make it more “swifty”.
Lets check an example of working with strings:
// Swift 2.2 let content = txtDescription.text.stringByTrimmingCharactersInSet(NSCharacterSet.whitespaceAndNewlineCharacterSet())
// Swift 3 let content = txtDescription.text.trimming(.whitespace And Newlines)
The goal is to reduce verbosity in naming to make expressive code. In the long run it will make the language cleaner and more approachable for new developers.
Learn serious code on your iPad. In a seriously fun way.
It wouldn’t be WWDC without an update to Xcode!
Compare to last year, we were unable to use Xcode 7 unless migrates our source code to Swift 2. Xcode 8 provides a migration tool to convert existing code to Swift 3, which makes things much easier. It combines both Swift 2.3 (Source compatible with Swift 2.2) and Swift 3. Feature of Xcode 8
1. Memory Debugger: This is a built-in tool that lets view the entire memory object graph of running application, so you can quickly isolate leaks and circular references. Even more, the new memory debugger can automatically detect memory leaks and help to quickly diagnose the problem.
2. Interface Builder Improvement: Have you ever tried zooming out in Interface Builder, then tried to drag in a button, and realized that you couldn’t unless you were at 100% zoom level? Interface Builder in Xcode 8 now allows to edit scenes at any zoom level.
3. Source Code Editing: Create own Source Code Editor Extensions to customize the coding experience. There is a new Xcode template to get started with, and when you’re finished, can distribute extensions via the Mac App Store or as a Developer ID signed binary through any other medium.
4. Performance Improvement:Apple claims that Xcode 8 is radically faster in several categories – for example Indexing Tests can be up to 50 times faster.
What can your Mac do now? Just ask.
Goodbye, OS X. Hello, MacOS. After 15 years, OS X has been renamed to MacOS to better align with the other three platform names. The latest version of MacOS is MacOS Sierra.
MacOS Sierra helps to rediscover best photos, shop more securely online, and work more seamlessly between devices.
2. Apple Pay for the Web
The web, now accepting the easiest and safest way to pay. This is huge for any developers working on a website with eCommerce.
Want to dig more: Apple Pay js
3. Apple File System (APFS)
Apple has announced an entirely new file system!
The current file system used by default, is HFS+ which was released in 1998 when floppy disks were still a thing. Today, most – I am looking at you base model iMac with your 5400RPM HDD – new systems include fast Flash based SSDs. The Apple File System was designed with Flash/SSD in mind and built with native encryption.
Cloning provides the ability to create instant “copies” of files and directories that cost nothing in disk space. Due to the copy-on-write behavior the cloned files and directories are not actually copied unless modifications are made. The snapshotting ability allows the system to create a read-only instance of the data so that it can be efficiently restored to a given point in time.
Rediscover memories in beautiful new ways.
5. Universal Clipboard
Copy on one device. Paste on another.
6. iCloud Drive
Your Desktop and Documents folder. Accessible on all your devices.
7. Optimized Storage
When you need more space, let your Mac find it for you.
Feels like a whole new watch.
It’s a common opinion that the Apple Watch platform has been a bit of a flop with regard to app development. It has been missing something since the beginning: speed. Launching apps on the watch is simply painful. In this keynote, the main focus was making apps launch instantly.
1. Speed Enhancement
The big things behind the speed enhancements of the watch is the introduction of Snapshots, the Dock, and Background Tasks. The three of these combined allow watch apps to stay up to date and available to the user at a moment’s notice.
2. SceneKit and SpriteKit Availability
You can now utilize both SceneKit and SpriteKit in the watch apps. At first mention it looks like just for games, but Apple explained another use case: creating nice custom animations for regular apps as well. The current limitations of UIKit on the watch prevent developers from creating custom animations. But with watchOS 3, you can add live 3D rendered content to an apps using .scn files bundled with resources, or can opt to create interactive 2D animations with bundled .sks files.
Business travelers in emergencies will be able use the SOS feature to connect to 911 and get notifications and GPS coordinates sent to their emergency contacts. It works in different countries as well, so you don't have to remember different emergency numbers.
The updates to the tvOS SDK seem pretty light.
There is a new concept of single sign-on for TV providers so that users can authenticate with their provider once and be logged in to all supported video channel apps. So if developing an apps need this level of authentication, please check out the Video Subscriber Account framework!
Below are more frameworks available to developers:
It's never been a better time to be or become a iOS developer. We haven’t had a chance to look through everything yet, so feel free to post any of your own thoughts, or anything we may have missed!
In the meantime, we’ll be working on making a demo about the new release. Stay tuned!
Want to share something innovative about the new release? Feel free to write us at [email protected]
Thanks for your time reading this article.
The Google IO 2016 wrapped up with a ton of huge announcements nestled within it. Here are the latest highlights, announced at Google I/O 2016. Thus, far that range from the fresh version of Android N to new features for Android TV, Google Home virtual assistant to the Daydream VR ecosystem.
Android Instant Apps
The announcement of Android Instant Apps, where apps can be used on Android devices without installation. These apps will be accessible from deep links in search, messaging, social media, and other locations.
Some major announcements for Chrome OS at Google I/O 2016, including Android app support on the platform. Chrome OS will be accessible to the Google Play app and content store.
Google Assistant, Google Home
At Google I/O 2016, the search giant revealed it's Amazon Echo-competitor - Google Home. The voice-activated speaker is managed by Google Assistant, Google ecosystem-wide expansion of its Google Now voice-based virtual assistant.
Duo and Allo
The company at Google I/O 2016 disclose two new apps for iOS and Android which will be released in the coming months. Allo is an instant messaging app which offers the Smart Reply feature, and Google Assistant-powered suggestions and cards. Duo, a video calling app, an end-to-end encrypted.
Android N name
The modern version of Android is yet unnamed, for which Google wants help to get it a name. The company has created a site where users can provide suggestions - any word initiating with 'N' will do.
Android N Enhancement
At Google I/O 2016, the search giant came up with - Developer Preview 3, updated developer preview of Android N and detailed its new features. The Mountain View firm also announce some upcoming features.
Daydream VR ecosystem
A Much more ambitious version of Google Cardboard, new Daydream VR platform unveiled at Google I/O, providing a reference headset and controller for OEMs while also providing a software framework.
Android Auto, Android TV, and more
At I/O 2016, Google also had announcements for fresh features in Android TV, latest functionality in Android Auto, Android Pay’s augmentation plans, as well as several statistics about Android users.
IT is one of the fascinating professions around the globe. However, those who are in this profile might have witnessed the side effects in IT and similar profession from the health point of view. We ordinarily spend long hours in a chair in the same stance against a machine called a computer. Being a health conscious team, we decided to take part in Half Marathon, which was organized by LS Sports with a goal to expand the awareness and importance of health and fitness our city people.
We being a family firmly believes in “Being passionate” about what we do but, we also believe in “Health is Wealth”. 9series Team enthusiastically striven in Half Marathon, more than 50% of the team members participated in the 21Km run and proving strength, all the participating member got “Finishers Medal” which is an accomplishment of the organization.
Covering participant team members includes 5 super girls too, successfully achieved 5Km run within 45 mins, while all Coding ninjas participated for 21Km and almost all of them closed the marathon in 3 hours.
It gives enormous pleasure to an organization where employees are efficient not only at the workplace but, at other activities also.