The rise of iBeacon technology was one of the influential news of 2015 in a technology world. This brought about numerous business insiders to step in mobile application development of the beacon industry.
Now, it goes without saying that every latest technology will demand time to explore the potential outcomes and best practices, even when it comes to app development. Today, almost two years after the launch of iBeacon, many Enterprises realized that a beacon app should be developed for the purpose of pushing promotional offers to users.
Even the most skilled and experienced app developer will run into challenges that are unique to creating a beacon app. These are the six challenges you will face:
1. Variable signs Beacon apps are dealing with external radios that transmit signals and therefore can be untidy. The app has to best figure out the beacon's distance that is challenging as radio waves bounce around a physical location and are affected by the presence of users. Furthermore, signal quality varies wildly among beacon hardware manufacturers. Hence, beacon signals are affected by gadget control, temperature and polling intervals that may vary from broadcast to broadcast. In short, the app has to be designed to make choices based on the variable information received.
2. Authorization to activate Bluetooth & location services For beacon apps to perform, not only the device have to support beacons but also the user has to enable Bluetooth and location services. It has found that it's best to wait until the last conceivable minute to ask for these permissions. This is perfect opportunity to prove app's value instead of blasting users before they've even tried the app or are close to a beacon.
3. Balancing UX and security in the feature set Beacon apps proximate a user's physical distance from a beacon so they can link data about the real world context of the beacon with specific context of the user. When building beacon app, ibeacon developer needs to precisely measure which elements will enhance the user's experience without defeating them as well as factoring in user privacy. If receiving the balance right then able to selectively push information to the user. For instance, a limited time coupon (based on the time), current conditions (less crowded checkout lines), or user preference (modernist vs. impressionist paintings in a museum).
4. The business rationale imperative Given all the variables, business rationale scripts are a must-have. For instance, an app has to collect data such as the beacon UUID, location and minor and major numbers. When an application connects a beacon, a business logic script then delivers a list of all the users nearby. This script channels the information for privacy and interprets what "at the beacon" means which is tricky that gives an event updates may not be recorded in real time or the device might drop the beacon ranging. One solution is to use a time-based heuristic to choose if the user is reasonably still there. Other business logic scripts can be applied to identify trends, perform statistical analysis and draw conclusions.
5. Workarounds for approximation & tracing Two-way communication between an app and a beacon is not possible with beacons since they are one-way radios: they are unaware about the customer devices receiving their broadcasts. There are two workarounds for this. The simpler way is to pretend it by creating the app do the work. By linking the app to a backend, it can redesign a record to register the user's real-time presence and then customize the app or real world experience in real-time.
6. The App Store Audit Based on an experience, developer should:
Now Beacon development is at its peak and no business will like to lose their potential customers. We at 9series have flawless command over beacon app development and beacon app integration. Feel free to contact us to get customized solutions.
The emerging of the “Internet of Things” seems the brighter future of technology. Mobile technology is rising at such a great speed and has become an essential part of the digital ecosystem. Moreover, people expect that mobile app will let them do virtually everything which laptops can do (if not more), in a slick, unified experience. Current trends already proved that the future is mobile.
Thus, to ensure a sustainable success in business, it has become more than essential to stay updated with the latest Mobile Application Development trends. We are already past halfway through 2016, and here are some of the modern trends that you can look up to.
1. Internet of Things: Mobile devices do not limit to smartphones only. This one of the huge change that everyone is experiencing. IoT has transformed the way we see our lives and interact with things surrounding us. According to the latest statistics, more than 4.9 billion devices make up Internet of Things. Mobile devices are playing a key role in adopting IOT technologies because it is handheld and widely been used. Hence, mobile applications are now working as a bridge between the world of internet and various IOT devices control them. Practice existing mobile platforms, mainly Android developers and enterprises finding loads of opportunities for developing mobile applications based on home automation, proximity locations, retail, computing etc.
2. Rise of Hybrid Apps: Recently, hybrid apps are on a rise as it covers both the web and native apps. The biggest advantage is; it can be built with reusable resources and can be launched on multiple platforms. Notable Features: Perfectly fit on multiple platforms, robust performance, and classy features.
3. Go Cloud: Cloud technology is performing a major role in mobile app development. Nowadays everyone wants mobile apps which can be accessible from any place, on multiple devices with same feature sets and functionality. This mean everything should be stored on a cloud. This technology carries a positive change in every business.
4. Enterprise apps: Enterprises are having a hard time keeping up with the demand for Mobile Application Development. So this has given a wondrous opportunity for developers. Many big companies and organizations are using customer focused enterprise apps to add value to their businesses; this trend is all set to continue in for the next coming years. Moreover, businesses are coming up with enterprise mobile apps and BYOD (bring your own devices) concept for their employees to enhance the work productivity and efficiency.
5. Wearable Technology: Mainstream technology for coming years. The wearable is going to move beyond Samsung Galaxy Gear, Google Glass, Apple Watch, Mi wristbands or more; this technology will undoubtedly blast with a variety of wearables including those focusing on fashion and health care. Now, its developers turn to develop wearable apps synchronized or functioned existing mobile applications. It is predicted that the wearable industry will cross over billions within the following few years. Hence, iPhone developers and Android App Developers require to keep a close eye on the updated wearable technology and its ecosystem, to walk with a competitive market of fast-moving technology.
6. App Security is very inherent: Only developing a mobile app is not enough, to make it secure from vulnerabilities is also very essential. Due to the online transactions are on a rising scale, making enough efforts to protect data is necessary. Being a developer, make sure to perform entire SAST (Static application security testing) before releasing the mobile apps.
7. Payments and M-Commerce: The most emerging trend recently seen. It is a term or technology that almost everyone is employing for online payment and goods purchase. Businesses are now shifting towards world wide web and make their presence online so as to increase their business value. Therefore, it is obvious that they will be in need of having a mobile app which can help users to explore their businesses and accordingly make payments. This has generated a great opportunity for developers to create such mobile apps that can process transactions without the need of physical cash or credit/debit cards.
8. Mobile Apps growing globally: Yes, locations based apps are growing fast. Earlier, Yelp, Foursquare, Quicker and much more shared the space and flourished the modern way for real-time location apps. Identifying the potential in expanding the local business by developing mobile apps based on proximity and locations, now it has picked the full speed. Some rising examples: Ola Cabs, Zomato, Foodpanda etc.
9. Beacon Technology: Apple has integrated the power of beacon technology in iOS connecting iPhone users to an iBeacons network. Beacon technology offers a range of services to mobile users within a particular geographical location. Depending on their proximity, users can be provided with buying suggestions, relevant information and a lot more. Rapidly progressing Mobile development enables retailers and marketers to hold the potential of beacon technology.
Our Android app developers in India are distinguished by their technical expertise and combined with their hands-on experience, we assuredly deliver our clients a professional and effective service, all business requirements are satisfied within time schedules and budget restraints. We pride ourselves on our proven track record.
Technology is developing and emerging in such a way that it is less likely to disappear anytime. With the benefits of technology, it is expected to see growth in the educational system as well.
Innovation in the mobile and digital technology space is creating a marked impact on education, especially on the self-learning and self-improvement side. Such technological developments have the possibility to change the way students learn and teachers teach. However, most educational centers are still wrestling with the idea of using iPads and mobile phones inside the school premises for learning and communication. Coupling mobile phones with innovative ideas utilizing the Internet of Things (IoT) and iBeacon technology opens a bulk of opportunities and makes the learning experience far more exciting.
The effectiveness of lesson planning and education have a drastic change through years. Students and their ability to deliver educational goals are being more focused and has become more important for instructors to connect with every student. The issue that soon became obvious is that all students do not learn or illustrate their knowledge in the same way. Due to that reason, most educational standards require a system to personalize and feed lessons to each student in order to improve their learning ability.
One of the largest components of technology in our modern time is the notion that it shortens attention span or decrease from our ability to contextualize that we learn in our daily lives. Beacon technology delivers a solution for this downfall when used correctly. The era of technology has various benefits that will serve to overcome the difficulties of initial integration in the long run. Along with the support of education technology, educators can convey a further level of interest towards education and serve to better integrate students with the learning process. There are sky limits to what education technology can do.
Benefits of Beacons:
Hence, above benefits showcase how beacons can solve a number of problems at universities and schools to make the students’ experience more fascinating and technologically better. This system aids instructor to further personalize their education method and technological support issues from IT Staff by handing over a simple solution for collaboration that demands nothing more than an internet connection and a device. 9series is a box of complete IT Solutions with suggestions to enhance business profits.
Beacons are small, usually low-priced devices that detects more accurate location within a limited range than Wi-Fi and GPS proximity. Beacons transfer small amounts of data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) ranging between 5m to 70m (230 feet) depending upon the beacon type, and, as a result, used for indoor location technology, although it can be used outside as well.
The basic thing that any customer would do upon entering the hotel is to check-in, that is made far simpler utilizing beacon technology. The hotel staff receives all the relevant information which results in check-in process being as smooth as possible (information such as name, ID, room preferences and other notes that may have been received from a former stay). This enables the staff to attend to customer's needs in a much more personalized manner, making feel like a V.I.P.
People use various apps to book their hotel stay, check-in and choose the favorite hotel room before their arrival. The Beacon development can be a true game changer for a seamless customer experience. The hotel front desk can be notified as early as the guest arrives at the gate, basic steps can be taken to ease out the check-in formalities and enter keyless accessing to a phone. While at close proximity to the room-door, Beacon can activate unlock door automatically. Here, the Beacons can be employed to permit access to specific people in specific areas of the hotel. Finally, the guests can use it for room services, special coupon distribution, Room preferences, check-outs, rewards, feedback and so on. Through an interactive self-guided tour of the hotel or fed with notifications while roaming around the hotel premises the guests can be guided – giving required directions/prompts, one can easily understand without the need of unnecessary intercommunication with the hotel staff
Due to increased penetration of Mobile enabled technologies, the acceptance of Beacon will surely grow. There can be many applications that may not be visualized and can take a prominent place in the future of Beacon. It’s just a matter of time before we learn to adopt them and prepare ourselves for exploring the unexplored! Many IT Companies are available to hire as Travel & Hospitality mobile apps developers in India to get a unique and robust application.
9series is one of the Top Travel & Hospitality solutions provider company in India. We develop and deliver best Travel & Hospitality Solution to increase your business traffic using the latest technology. We not only deliver the solution but give appropriate suggestions to increase your business revenue. Drop us an inquiry, we will be happy to speak with you.